• Inhalation Sedation dentistry is another safe and very effective way to relieve any stress, fear and anxiety linked with a trip to the dentist.
• Dentists have made use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Inhalation Sedation for many years for the relieving of the fear and apprehension commonly associated with dental appointments.
• It is successful for the majority of patients, providing them with an opportunity to relax and to have little or no memory of their dental procedures (partial or total amnesia).
• It’s an easy process. You will arrive at the dental office and a mask will be placed over your nose through which the Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen mixture is fed to you to breathe in. It is regulated very accurately by a specialist machine. The mixture can easily be adjusted to suit your every need.
• A number of patients are relaxed enough to nap straight through their dental appointment. When a person is relaxed they will feel less fatigued after a long dental appointment.
• Patients are so relaxed and comfortable that many complicated treatments can be completed within a single appointment.
• Individuals that struggle to get numb may benefit from Inhalation Sedation Dentistry due to the Analgesic effect of the Nitrous Oxide.
If you have a fear of needles, sedation dentistry can help you.
• Patients with difficulty controlling movements, such as those with Parkinson’s disease or Cerebral Palsy, are often aided by sedation dentistry.
• A dentist can finish more dental treatment at a higher level of quality, in a shorter period of time, on a patient who is comfortable and relaxed.