MI Paste Products
MI Paste products in Cocoa FL is a welcome addition to oral healthcare at home or in the dental office. Packaged in a tube like toothpaste, MI paste conditions and protects the surface of your teeth while also strengthening them.
The calcium and phosphate present in the dental paste replenish minerals that your teeth naturally lose through the process of aging. Not having a consistent oral hygiene routine can also cause your teeth to lose minerals faster than they would have otherwise.
What Conditions Can MI Paste Products Help Improve?
We are big fans of MI Paste here at PSJ Dental. Besides strengthening teeth and increasing minerals, this product is useful for each of the oral health conditions listed below.
- Decreases tooth sensitivity, either at home or during a routine cleaning exam
- Dry mouth as a side effect of certain medical conditions or medications
- Prevents white spots from developing on the teeth while undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Reduces oral acid levels caused exclusively by pregnancy
- Reduces oral acid levels from bacteria and plaque already present on the teeth
- Reduces the pain associated with tooth decay before you can have a cavity filled
- Removes acid from the teeth caused by excessive consumption of carbonated soft drinks
When you are not eating or drinking anything, the pH balance in your mouth remains close to neutral. However, that changes the minute you introduce food or drinks. Residue from food and drinks leaves acid in your mouth that causes your pH level to become unbalanced. Plaque, tartar, and some medications also increase your pH level. Over time, acidic conditions in your mouth can cause tooth decay and the need for dental fillings.
If Dr. Sater applies MI paste to your teeth, you should not eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes afterward. The food or drink will cause an acid buildup that overrides the benefits of the dental paste.
How to Use MI Paste at Home
After brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste and rinsing your mouth, squeeze the MI Paste tube and fill the customized trays your dentist provided you. You should wear the trays for a minimum of three minutes. Another option is to squeeze a dab of MI Paste onto a piece of cotton or your finger and rub onto all your teeth.
Our staff is happy to answer any additional questions you have about MI Paste products in Cocoa FL.